Who we are
The Business and Professional Women Association- Amman (BPWA) is a dynamic, innovative, member-based organization business association of dedicated female professionals established in 2003 by a number of professional and pioneering women in Jordan. It is a member of the International Federation of Business and Professional Women (BPW International) which was founded by Dr. Lena Madesin Phillips in 1930 with affiliates in over 100 countries in five continents
Our programs support Jordan’s vision of a stronger economy through increased participation by women in business and the workforce by providing Jordanian women with a pathway to business and career success. We are a leader in offering women’s economic empowerment programs that provide Jordanian women with expertise and networks to achieve success.
BPWA’s work is aligned with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals to achieve gender equality, empower women, and promote inclusive economic growth:
UN Sustainable Development Goals Pillars:
- Gender Equality: Achieve gender equality and empower women and girls through improving women economic freedom.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth: Increase employment opportunities for women through promoting safe and secure working environment.
- Partnerships for Goals: Brining together national governments, the international community, civil society and the privet sector to Increase females’ participation in the workforce and hence the prosperity of the economy of Jordan.
We work to promote Women's participation in the Jordanian National Economy by:
- Harnessing the underutilized economic and social capabilities of Jordanian women by utilizing the experience of our accomplished members, our resources and our networks.
- Providing effective services in response to the needs of our members, female professionals and business owners.
- Working on developing the right formula to encourage a balance between the professional and personal lives of working women.
- An integral contributor to the prosperity and wellbeing of the Jordanian Society, Business and Professional Communities
- To open pathways and provide platforms for Jordan’s women to contribute to our national economy and society overall
- It stands to all that we hold the following values as non-changing tenets; they are shared by anyone joining our efforts:
- We apply innovative thinking and creativity to everything we do. The generation of new ideas and practices vital for the success of our mission.
- We are driven by our Passion. We have at heart to protect and promote the interests of all women in business and workforce in general.
- Commitment is our strength. We are committed to our Diversified community of business and professional women. We strive to support each other at all times, to enhance our networks, to help each other stand out by facilitating access to different pathways.